Cool Facts About LED Lighting
- A LED Lamp is a light emitting diode (LED) that is assembled into a lamp (or bulb) for use in lighting fixtures
- Unlike most fluorescent lamps (e.g. tubes and CFL lights), LED lights come to full brightness without need for any warm-up time
- LED lamps have a lifespan and electrical efficiency that is several times better than incandescent lights, and significantly better than most florescent lights
- LED chips need controlled direct current of only 12 volts (DC) electrical power; and are far safer than their 110V AC counterparts
- LED lights keep cool during operation, and are safe to touch, unlike common light bulbs
- RGB (red, green, blue) LED Lights like the ones we use on our artwork, combine the 3 primary colors in differing amounts to create almost any color imaginable!
Leave a comment